Main Article Content
Pacific Health, COVID-19, New Zealand
Much has been made of the Pacific Covid-19 response and the manner in which Pacific providers and communities rallied to combat Covid-19, particularly during the second Auckland outbreak. Led by a well-coordinated central team of Pacific experts from across the country, frontline workers, officials, media, communications experts, researchers and community champions across all sectors acted swiftly, demonstrating their versatility and the potential to respond and to protect their people when given the mandate and resources.
2. NZ Ministry of Health. COVID-19 Testing rates by ethnicity. https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-data-and-statistics/testing-covid-19 2020. Accessed 28 Nov 2020.
3. NZ Ministry of Health. NIR STD Influenza Coverage – by 18 September 2020.
4. Moana Research. Rapid review of Pacific peoples’ engagement with mobile clinics (unpublished). Report Commissioned by the Auckland District Health Board May 2020
5. Moana Research. Rapid review of Pacific peoples’ engagement with telehealth (unpublished). Report commissioned by Auckland District Health Board May 2020
6. Gentles D. Review of Pacific hospitalisations to June 2020 (unpublished).
7. Tukuitonga C. An informed community is an empowered community. Tagata Pasifika Plus, 2020
8. Bloomfield A. Webinar: Taking a breath: reflections on Covid-19. New Zealand Association of Gerontology and Age Concern 22 October 2020.